1. Believing that our basic means of understanding and fulfilling God’s mission is accomplished through prayer, we will strive to keep prayer foremost in all aspects of our mission enterprises. (Matt. 6:6; 26:41; Luke 18:1; Acts 6:1-6; 13:1-3)
2. Believing that the Great Commission is relevant, contemporary, urgent, and personal for churches as well as individuals, we will employ a variety of methods to be witnesses for Jesus Christ in our community, our state, our nation, and the world. (Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
3. Believing that the Great Commission was given to all Christians, we will seek to involve the Sagemont Church membership in missions and will cooperate with and encourage Christians outside our fellowship to be active in proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ. (Matt. 28:18-20; 10:5-15; 22:9-10; 24:14; Luke 10:1-18; 24:46-53; John 15:16; 20:21; Acts 1:8; 826-40; 10:42-48;Romans 10:13-15; 1 Peter2:4-10)
4. Believing that the church body is a key part of God’s plan for developing the Christian, assembling for worship and mobilizing for mission ministry, we will give preference to evangelism that results in life transformation. (Matt. 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42, 47; 5:11-14; 14:23,27; 16:5; 1 Corinthians7:17; 12; Eph. 4:11-16)
5. Believing in the foundational principles of the priesthood of every believer and the autonomy and uniqueness of each local church in carrying out the Great Commission, we will give preference to enterprises that will encourage churches to become self-directing, self-supporting, and self-propagating. (John. 16:12-15; 1 Tim. 2:5)
6. Believing that we should follow the example of Jesus, we will address the needs of the whole man, but when choosing among primarily “human needs” ministries or social services, we will give preference to those that contain a clear evangelistic component.
7. Believing that the International and North American Mission Boards of the S.B.C. constitute the most effective mission sending institutions, we will actively seek out partnerships, projects, and strategic initiatives that support their work. In addition, we will encourage support of the “Cooperative Program,” “The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for Foreign Missions,” and “The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for Home Missions”.